scottodonnell1974

Password Recovery Not Working On IIS

Vote 0 Votes

I'm a newbie (please be gentle).

I've just installed MT 4.3 Pro on Windows using MySql. I'm runngin through doing tests and found that the password recovery feature fails with, "Error sending mail (You do not have a valid path to sendmail on your machine. Perhaps you should try using SMTP? ); please fix the problem, then try again to recover your password. " Any ideas on how to go about fixing this? I'm a .net devloper and don't have much experience with perl.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks,
Scott

Reported on Movable Type 4.3

5 Replies

| Add a Reply
  • In your mt-config.cgi you need to add the MailTransfer directive. See http://www.movabletype.org/documentation/appendices/config-directives/mailtransfer.html for info.

• scottodonnell1974

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the following:

MailTransfer smtp SMTPServer <MyServer>.<MyDomain>.com:25
    MailTransfer smtp <MyServer> <MyServer>.<MyDomain>.com:25

Each configuration returns the following msg

Error sending mail (Unknown MailTransfer method...).

I did a search for all files with the word mail in them and look in each. I don't see anything that would indicate that the files I found are used by the mail procedure. Do you know what file(s) is(are) used to send mail out and how to resolve it?

I'm sure these are easy problems to resolve I just don't have the experience troubleshooting perl...yet! :)

• The first one should be correct.

The issue may be authentication with the SMTP server rather than perl.

Is the SMTP server local or remote?
    Does the SMTP server require users to be authenticated?

• scottodonnell1974

The smtp server is remtote. No authentication is required. I have .net apps on other servers that are able to send mail. All of the services that run these apps are local (no domain) accounts so the mail server does not trust these accounts (implying authentication is not required).

• I'm having the same issue - except server is localhost and no authentication is required. Can anyone provide me with some direction on getting the sendmail working on iis7?

Thanks.

Add a Reply

If you need to share template code, replace all the "<" signs with "&lt;" or use this utility.

Forum Groups

code.sixapart.com

137 479

Last Topic: Getting a thumbnail with xpath by Peter on Mar 13, 2011

238 797

Last Topic: Manifest Schema Compatibility Issue When Restoring Blog by Matt on Oct 17, 2012

1858 6594

Last Topic: Categories and Basename Publishing Issues by e21media on Oct 25, 2012

88 307

Last Topic: absolute publish date in Manage Entries screen by .mau. on Apr 18, 2012

1488 5347

Last Topic: Anti-cloning by .mau. on Oct 29, 2012

732 3093

Last Topic: Blog moved server - now users cannot access blog? by mowgs on Oct 30, 2012

89 317

Last Topic: How to "pretify" a url in htaccess with a few wildcards by Caio on May 30, 2012

183 771

Last Topic: Commenting with TypePad by Rob Ferrara on Oct 17, 2012

212 680

Last Topic: Does MT-Approval work in MT5? by DLpres on Sep 25, 2012

27 100

Last Topic: Upgrading MT by Caio on Oct 15, 2012

49 224

Last Topic: Movable Type 6 Ideas by Caio on May 28, 2012

65 248

Last Topic: Expanding new rich text editor and implementing table function by Takeshi Nick Osanai on Jul 30, 2012