Damon

502 - Web server received an invalid response ...

Vote 0 Votes

*****SETUP*****
- Windows 2008 Server Enterprise Edition (64-bit)
- IIS 7
- ActiveState ActivePerl - 5.10.0.1004 (32-bit)
- MySQL Server - 5.1.32
- MovableType 4.24-en
- http://www.abruzere.com/mt/mt-check.cgi

So, I finally got my DBD-mysql service installed and everything is working per the instructions, but now when I go to my site, I can't configure anything or access some of the cgi files to complete the MT installation.

If I go to my MT page and click on the [Log in to Movable Type] button or access any other .cgi files, I get this.

SITE
http://www.abruzere.com/mt/
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Also, I read that the initial configuration is what creates the "mt-config.cgi" file, but I had to manually add it from the "mt-config.cgi-original" file.

Any help?

Thanks,
Damon

Reported on Movable Type 4.2

4 Replies

| Add a Reply
  • Alright, I found out part of my problem after searching through yet another forum...

So, I didn't realize that IIS7 didn't have my Current working Directory the same as my MT home directory... so, I had to create a virtual directory and point it to the physical path to my MT installation files.

http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/kb/known/cgi_error_on_ii.html

I still couldn't get the mt.cgi file to work and realized that the instructions on MT's website are not working for me. It never states to actually copy the "mt-config.cgi-original" file and make a "mt-config.cgi" which is what I ended up having to do to get the mt.cgi file to work to initialize my first Blog.

So, now, I am to the point where I've logged on to MT and created my default Administrator account.

Then, I tried to create my first Weblog... and I'm stuck at the "mt-upgrade.cgi" step which reads...

Initializing database...
    Starting Installation...
    []

Bottom of the page reports errors.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Damon

• JavaScript errors?

If so check your mt-static directory is correct in mt-config.cgi, that it has been uploaded correct and is accessible.

Normally on a clean install if mt-config.cgi is missing it will take you through a wizard to create it.

• Thanks Rob! Ok, so I got a different screen for the "Intializing Database..." page.

Error during installation: failed to execute statement CREATE INDEX mt_entry_meta_type_vint ON mt_entry_meta (entry_meta_type,entry_meta_vinteger_idx): INDEX command denied to user 'mt_user'@'localhost' for table 'mt_entry_meta' at lib/MT/Upgrade.pm line 2587.

So, it appears as though my mt_user needs INDEX permissions, but the Windows Instructions didn't mention anything about that... going to try that next.

Any further advice? I don't want to go make too many changes without knowing why I'm doing it. Did I miss something?

I verified that the mt_user has privileges to perform these tasks in the "Schema Privileges"

SELECT
    INSERT
    UPDATE
    DELETE
    CREATE

It also appears as thought there are tables being created in the database, so something is happening.

Thanks,
    Damon

• So, I gave mt_user the INDEX Assigned Privilege in MySQL and the installation appears to have completed!

I certainly don't like to critique too much, but why was this not in the installation documentation? Oversight I'm sure? Also would have been helpful to have a documented manual step-by-step for configuring the mt-config.cgi file if it doesn't work during the initial installation.

In any event... for now, I appear to be up and running! Looks like I have a couple small folder permissions to update in my mt-static folder for "support" and "support/uploads" folders?

Thanks Rob!

I hope this thread helps others that needed help.

FYI, for those reading, I ended up just using 4.25 that was just released instead of 4.24.

Regards,
    Damon

Add a Reply

If you need to share template code, replace all the "<" signs with "&lt;" or use this utility.

Forum Groups

code.sixapart.com

137 479

Last Topic: Getting a thumbnail with xpath by Peter on Mar 13, 2011

238 797

Last Topic: Manifest Schema Compatibility Issue When Restoring Blog by Matt on Oct 17, 2012

1858 6594

Last Topic: Categories and Basename Publishing Issues by e21media on Oct 25, 2012

88 307

Last Topic: absolute publish date in Manage Entries screen by .mau. on Apr 18, 2012

1488 5347

Last Topic: Anti-cloning by .mau. on Oct 29, 2012

732 3093

Last Topic: Blog moved server - now users cannot access blog? by mowgs on Oct 30, 2012

89 317

Last Topic: How to "pretify" a url in htaccess with a few wildcards by Caio on May 30, 2012

183 771

Last Topic: Commenting with TypePad by Rob Ferrara on Oct 17, 2012

212 680

Last Topic: Does MT-Approval work in MT5? by DLpres on Sep 25, 2012

27 100

Last Topic: Upgrading MT by Caio on Oct 15, 2012

49 224

Last Topic: Movable Type 6 Ideas by Caio on May 28, 2012

65 248

Last Topic: Expanding new rich text editor and implementing table function by Takeshi Nick Osanai on Jul 30, 2012